Since 1990 we have pursued a sustainability strategy reusing redundant buildings to provide new uses with minimal car parking.
Our current strategy focuses on:
- Reducing usage of water, gas and electric by investing in modern efficient systems.
- Buying green electricity for all sites.
- Planting trees to offset our carbon footprint (we planted a small wood in County Durham in 2000).
- Developing cycle facilities at all of our sites.
- Maximise use of public transport being located near to the Metro, Central Station and bus routes.
- We have paper recycling facilities at all sites.
- 85% of our waste is recycled by the supplier.
Our future development at Ouseburn, will feature air source heat pumps, sedum roofs and low usage electrical systems along with other green features.