North East Workspace are strongly committed to being a sustainable enterprise and minimising our environmental impact. Since 1990 we have pursued a sustainability strategy reusing redundant buildings to provide new uses with minimal car parking.
Our current strategy focuses on:
- Reducing the usage of water, gas and electricity by investing in efficient, sustainable systems.
- Planting trees to offset our carbon footprint (we planted a small wood in County Durham in 2000).
- Developing cycle facilities at all of our sites.
- Maximising the use of public transport through our nearby proximity to the Metro, Central Station, A1 and A19 and local bus routes.
- Maintaining waste and paper recycling facilities at all of our sites.